Liquid custom colours are used to produce colour-changing paint ( flip paint ) finishes that range from very subtle to very dramatic. The colour of the basecoat applied under mid-coat dramatically effects the final colour and shift colour. Dark coloured basecoats provide the most colour change with light basecoats providing clear and sophisticated pastel and opalescent colour shifts. Each Liquid custom product has the potential to produce an infinite number of colour shift effects depending on basecoat colour selection.
Dramatic Liquid colours:
- Liquid Gold - shifting from Gold to Green to Blue
- Liquid Charcoal - shifting from Grey to Green to Blue
- Liquid Purple
- Liquid Emerald
Liquid coatings are easy to apply and can even be applied by a airbrush. For best results use a Black base coat but using different colours will give you a real custom effect.
Liquid Aerosol Can colours can also be applied over our other Spectracoat, Sparkle, flip paint to get a true custom effect.
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Shake Custom Aerosol Can for 5 minutes.
- Apply 2-3 coats of base colour leaving 5-10 minutes between coats. Leave for 30 minutes before applying the effect colour.
- Apply 2-5 coats depending on the Liquid effect you desire. Leave 5-10 minutes between coats. (Always spray test panels before spraying your product or project)
- For best results we suggest to apply our 2K Clear-coat Aerosol CANZ