ICE FX is a self-activated coating that works over a smooth or sanded surface and achieves full crystallization in about 10-20 minutes. Using ICE FX, you have the ability to create the final unique pattern and effects which are truly amazing!
Apply ICE FX on motorcycle tanks and guards, also feature panels on motor cars, trucks, caravans, boats, jet ski's, surfboards, skateboards, bench, counter tops and almost any other object.
All colours come ready to use.
ICE FX is inexpensive and simple to use, with a little practice almost anyone can become an expert. Simply follow our easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
- Prepare and paint the surface with your choice of our Base Colours. This Base colour will become the colour that shows the lines through the crystals.
- Apply the ICE FX in a lighter coat for small crystals, and a wet or heavy coat to achieve the large crystal effect across the surface.
- ICE FX will achieve full crystallization usually within 10-20 minutes at an average temperature of 20C - 25C. Wait for complete forming of crystals on the entire area you are working on.
- By applying heat you can force the crystals to dry quickly, this will result in a small tight woven crystals. While allowing them to air dry will produce larger, spaced crystals.
- Once dry, now apply your contrasting colour (the colour that will be shown through the spaces in the crystals). Apply this coat in a light dusting action. Note: Take care to apply only light coats, as a wet coat of paint will make it hard to remove the crystals.
- Using lots of warm water and a rag or sponge, scrub off the crystals. This will leave you with a very pronounced crystal design.
- Allow any excess water to dry.
- Apply our 2K Show Clear for a Real Deep Gloss finish.