Shadow Chrome produces the most realistic Metallic Paint finishes available. Anyone can reproduce the authentic look of real metal in minutes. Shadow Chrome can be found on a variety of OEM applications ranging from Alloy wheels to interior components.
For best performance use Custom Paints Reducer and Mix 2-1
Shadow Chrome CANZ:
Shadow Chrome is now available in an aerosol can. CANZ give high output with excellent Atomization and high transfer efficiency with no pressure drop during application. Using our CANZ can save on time and labor with no paint mixing or Spray Gun cleaning.
To get the best result from Shadow Chrome CANZ we recommend using our 2K Clearcoat CANZ. 2K Clearcoat CANZ is the best 2K Aerosol on the market!!!
Shadow Chrome is easy to apply and can even be applied with an airbrush. The Basecoat plays an important role. The colour of the Basecoat determines the obtained Shadow Chrome effect. If the Basecoat is dark (black, dark blue, etc.) you will obtain a darker Shadow Chrome effect. If applied over a light coloured Basecoat (white, grey, silver, etc.) you will obtain a lighter Shadow Chrome effect. You will notice a difference by using a satin or gloss finish when applying the Shadow Chrome.
- Always spray test panels before spraying your product or project.
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Basecoat leaving 10-15 minutes between coats. Allow 1 hour drying time before applying Shadow Chrome.
- When opening the bottle, stir Shadow Chrome well. Do not apply full or heavy coats as this can cause a patchy appearance on the finished panel. The best application method is to apply very light coats to build up the appearance required. Allow 15 minutes flash off time between coats. Spray object in one continuous pass rather then individual panels to avoid film build up on the edge of panels, which could cause a patchy appearance on the finished panel. Allow flash off time between coats.
- Allow 1 hour drying time before applying the clear coat.
- Apply 2K Clearcoat for a Real Deep Gloss finish.